All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the story of Marianne North, an unmarried middle-aged Victorian lady of comfortable means, set off in 1871 on her first expedition to make a pictorial record of the tropical and exotic plants of the world. Marianne produced more than 800 paintings which are housed in a special gallery at Kew. Now in second edtion, this book provides an overview of her paintings and the Marianne North Gallery (built under her patronage) where almost all her paintings hang, the history of the gallery and its architecture and its restoration. The beautiful gift book details Marianne's life and travels, fully illustrated throughout with her stunning botanical paintings. This second edition of the bestseller features updated information and the new format allows Marianne's paintings to be reproduced on a larger scale.
- Author BiographyMichelle Payne holds an MA in twentieth century literature and its intellectual contexts, awarded by Goldsmith College, University of London. She is a writer and an editor.
- Author(s)Michelle Payne
- PublisherRoyal Botanic Gardens
- Date of Publication03/02/2016
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationRichmond, Surrey
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKew Publishing
- Weight590 g
- Width198 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.