All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAfter 19 seasons in the major leagues, all with a single team--a feat few athletes in today's modern sport can match--Maria Rivera closes out his career with the New York Yankees at the conclusion of the 2013 season. New York's much-loved closer retires as baseball's all-time leader in saves, ERA, and appearances, and he holds the Yankees' single-season saves record as well. Few could have predicted when the Yankees brought Rivera up to the majors in 1995 that he would one day hold the record for most career games pitched with a single team. Rivera did much more than lead by example; he powered his team to five World Series championships: 1996, 1998, 1999, 2000, and 2009. Celebrate Mo's amazing career with this full-color pictorial keepsake packed with unique images and exemplary writing from New York's award-winning newspaper, the New York Post.
- Author BiographyThe New York Post chronicles the triumphs and tragedies of New York City through a bold, irreverent, and edgy tabloid design that readers know and love. Founded in 1801 as the New-York Evening Post, it is the nation's oldest continuously published daily newspaper. Jorge Posada was a New York Yankees catcher for 17 seasons in the 1990s and 2000s, during which he slugged 275 home runs. He was a five-time All-Star and a member of four World Series championship teams. He was teammates with Mariano Rivera from 1995 to 2011. He lives in Miami, Florida. Mike Vaccaro is an award-winning sportswriter who has been the lead sports columnist for the New York Post since 2002, where his Open Mike and Vac's Whacks pieces are regular Sunday features. He has reported from four Olympics, 12 World Series, 10 Super Bowls, eight Final Four tournaments, and five U.S. Opens. He is the author of 1941: The Greatest Year in Sports ; Emperors and Idiots: The Hundred Year Rivalry Between the Yankees and Red Sox, From the Very Beginning to the End of the Curse ; and The First Fall Classic: The Red Sox, the Giants and the Cast of Players, Pugs and Politicos Who Re-Invented the World Series in 1912. He lives in North Jersey.
- Author(s)New York Post
- PublisherTriumph Books (IL)
- Date of Publication01/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Sport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTriumph Books (IL)
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight485 g
- Width219 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Introduction byMike Vaccaro
- Foreword byJorge Posada
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.