All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.18
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.56
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.80
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.84
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $29.64
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.53
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.37
About this product
- DescriptionThe young, pretty queen who is remembered for supposedly uttering, Let them eat cake, Marie Antoinette had fun and spent money on beautiful things, while her people starved. But was she as heartless as everyone believed? Gorgeous illustrations and an intelligent, evocative story bring to life a real dastardly dame whose extravagance incited a revolution.
- Author BiographyLiz Hockinson is the author of the award-winning picture book, Marcello The Movie Mouse, illustrated by Kathryn Otoshi, and inspired by Saturday morning trips to the movie theatre as a child. Liz lives in Northern California with her family, including her beloved grandsons, Kole and Kaden. Peter Malone has illustrated over twenty children's books for such publishers as Chronicle, Knopf, Putnam, Running Press, and Scholastic. In addition to creating gorgeous illustrations, he wrote the book, Close to the Wind, about the use of the Beaufort scale for measuring wind force at sea. School Library Journal called it informative and utterly charming. He lives in Bath, England, with his wife, a restorer of paintings, and their two grown daughters.
- Author(s)Liz Hockinson
- PublisherGoosebottom Books Llc
- Date of Publication21/10/2011
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleThe Thinking Girl's Treasury of Dastardly Dames
- Place of PublicationFoster City, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGoosebottom Books Llc
- Content Note38 colour photos, 11 colour illus, 6 b/w illus, 2 line drawings, 8 w/c illus, 1 chart & 1 map
- Weight344 g
- Width228 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Peter Malone
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.