All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $20.71
About this product
- DescriptionMarieluise Fleisser (1901-1974) is the author of Purgatory in Ingolstadt and Pioneers in Ingolstadt. Both plays were directed in Berlin in the 1920s by Bertolt Brecht. After a brief moment of glory, Fleisser's second play met with damning disapproval and outrage. Ostracized by the literary establishment, her family and the men in her life, Fleisser suffered a devastating personal and creative collapse, coming perilously close to suicide. Her work as a playwright would only receive recognition and success decades later. This translation by Rachael McGill won the Revelations Award 2004 (The Gate Theatre Translation Award), and premiered at the Gate in July 2004. Included in this volume is Kerstin Specht's play The Time of the Tortoise, also translated by Rachael McGill.
- Author BiographyKerstin Specht was born in Germany in 1956 and has written many plays. Her play 'Marieluise' won the 2002 National Award for Drama from Baden-Wurttemberg, and is published by Oberon in a translation by Rachael McGill. Rachael McGill has written for stage and television, including translations from French and German for the National Theatre and Channel Four. Her translation of 'Marieluise' by Kerstin Specht was awarded the Gate Theatre Translation Award 2004.
- Author(s)Kerstin Specht
- PublisherOberon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2004
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleOberon Modern Plays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAbsolute Classics
- Weight141 g
- Width130 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Translated byRachael McGill
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.