About this product
- DescriptionThe oceans represent a vast, complex and poorly understood ecosystem. Marine Ecological Processes is a modern review and synthesis of marine ecology that provides the reader with a lucid introduction to the intellectual concepts, approaches, and methods of this evolving discipline. Comprehensive in its coverage, this book focuses on the processes controlling marine ecosystems, communities, and populations and demonstrates how general ecological principles--derived from terrestrial and freshwater systems as well--apply to marine ecosystems. Global warming and increased eutrophication and wetland destruction in recent years has made the study of ecological processes even more important for the preservation of marine environments. This thoroughly updated and expanded edition will provide students of marine ecology, marine biology, and oceagraphy with numerous illustrations, examples, and references which clearly impart to the reader the current state of research in this field: its achievements as well as unresolved controversies.
- Author BiographyDr. Ivan Valiela serves as Senior Research Scientist for The Ecosystems Center at the Marine Biological Laboratory. His research includes analysis structure and controls on coastal ecosystems, land-sea couplings, impacts of urbanization and deforestation on coastal ecosystems, management of coastal environments, and international environmental policy.
- Author(s)Ivan Valiela
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/01/2009
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note261 black & white illustrations, 48 colour illustrations, 53 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1343 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine42 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.37New
- AU $21.29New
- AU $24.95New
- AU $20.04New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.91New
- AU $11.60Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.80New
- AU $32.15New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $18.99Trending at AU $21.29
- AU $79.24Trending at AU $90.81
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.51
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $43.80
- AU $20.19Trending at AU $25.16
- AU $57.72Trending at AU $62.56
- AU $77.29Trending at AU $94.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.