All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMarion Nicoll (1909-1985) is a widely ackwledged and important founder of Alberta art and certainly one of a dedicated few that brought abstraction into practice in the province. Her life and career is a story of determination, of dedication to her vision regardless of professional or personal challenges. Nicoll became the first woman instructor hired at the Provincial Institute of Art and Techlogy (w the Alberta College of Art and Design) - and although limited to teaching craft and design, she became a significant mentor for generations of artists. Contributions by Ann Davis, Elizabeth Herbert, and Jennifer Salahub.
- Author BiographyAnn Davis is a prominent art critic, curator, and teacher. Elizabeth Herbert is an independent curator and author. Jennifer Salahub is an art and craft historian teaching at the Alberta College of Art and Design in Calgary. Christine Sowiak is the curator of art at The Nickle Galleries at the University of Calgary.
- Author(s)Ann Davis,Elizabeth Herbert
- PublisherUniversity of Calgary Press
- Date of Publication25/11/2013
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationCalgary
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Calgary Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight700 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.