All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJean-Luc Marion's early work on Descartes and his more recent writings in phemelogy have t only elicited huge interest in France and the US, but also created huge potential in the field of theology. This book is organised around central questions about the divine raised by Marion's work: how to speak of God, how to approach God, how to experience God, how to receive God, how to believe in God, how to worship God. Within that context it deals with the important aspects of his philosophical work: the inspiration of his writings in what he calls Descartes' white theology and its late medieval context as well as the apophatic theology associated with Dionysius the Areopagite; his important claims about idolatrous and iconic ways of speaking of the divine; his tion of the saturated phemen or a phemelogy of revelation and givenness, and his extensive writings on love. Christina M. Gschwandtner also considers Marion's explicitly theological writings and establishes their relationship to his larger phemelogical oeuvre. Overall, it approaches Marion's work t only as a philosophy of religion, but with specifically theological questions in mind. It hence shows how Marion's extensive historical and phemelogical work can be profitable and inspiring for theology today, for both systematic questions and for concerns of spirituality, in a way that holds the theoretical and the practical together.
- Author BiographyChristina M. Gschwandtner is Professor of Philosophy at Fordham University, USA. She is the author of Reading Jean-Luc Marion: Exceeding Metaphysics (2007) and Postmodern Apologetics? Arguments for God in Contemporary Philosophy (2012).
- Author(s)Prof. Christina M. Gschwandtner
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication28/07/2016
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitlePhilosophy and Theology
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintT.& T.Clark Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight261 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.