All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany people contend that marriage is a relationship that carries the principle of friendship to its ultimate and most intimate degree. I think they are mistaken. One of the most influential psychotherapists of our time revisits his two dozen myths two decades later. Surprises aplenty in this -holds barred conversation with readers about the myths that get married couples in trouble. The tions that Husbands and wives should be best friends, Marriage should be a 50-50 partnership, and An unhappy marriage is better than a broken home, are explored, debunked, and re-examined in the light of 21st century hindsight. This is a provocative, insightful, sometimes disturbing look at some of our most cherished beliefs about marriage.
- Author BiographyDr. Arnold Lazarus, (1932-2013) was a Distinguished Professor Emeritus of Psychology at Rutgers University in New Jersey, and had also served on the faculties of Stanford University, Temple University Medical School, and Yale University. Dr. Lazarus received numerous honors and awards, most notably the Distinguished Service Award from the American Board of Professional Psychology, special awards from the divisions of psychotherapy and clinical psychology of the American Psychological Association, and he was the first recipient of the prestigious Annual Cummings PSYCHE Award. In 1999 he received two Lifetime Achievement Awards, one from the California Psychological Association and the other from the Association for Advancement of Behavior Therapy. He maintained a clinical practice for nearly 40 years and authored or co-authored 18 books and over 350 articles and chapters. His books have been translated into dozens of languages, allowing his influence to be felt and appreciated in numerous ways worldwide.
- Author(s)Arnold A. Lazarus
- PublisherImpact Publishers Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication20/04/2001
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Place of PublicationSan Luis Obispo, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintImpact Publishers Inc.,U.S.
- Out-of-print date25/01/2012
- Weight268 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $21.97
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.