Maritime Networks: Spatial Structures and Time Dynamics by Taylor & Francis Ltd (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $200.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $226.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMaritime transport is one of the most ancient supports to human interactions across history and it still supports more than 90% of world trade volumes today. The changing connectivity of maritime networks is of crucial importance to port, transport, and ecomic development and planning. The way ports, terminals, but also cities, regions and countries, are connected with each other through maritime flows is t well-kwn and difficult to represent and measure, even for the transport actors themselves. There is a strong, urgent need for reviewing the relevant theories, concepts, methods, and sources that can be mobilized for the analysis of maritime networks. With contributions from reputable scholars from all over the world, this book investigates the analysis of maritime flows and networks from diverse disciplinary angles going across archaeology, history, geography, regional science, ecomics, mathematics, physics, and computer sciences. Based on a vast array of methods, such as Geographical Information Systems (GIS), spatial analysis, complex networks, modelling, and simulation, it addresses several crucial issues related with port hierarchy; route density; modal interdependency; network robustness and vulnerability; traffic concentration and seasonality; techlogical change and urban/regional ecomic development. This book examines new evidence about how socio-ecomic trends are reflected (but also influenced) by maritime flows and networks, and about the way this kwledge can support and enhance decision-making in relation to the development of ports, supply chains, and transport networks in general. This book is an ideal companion to anyone interested in the network analysis of transport systems and ecomic systems in general, as well as the effective ways to analyse large datasets to answer complex issues in transportation and socio-ecomic development.
- Author BiographyCesar Ducruet is research fellow at the French National Centre for Scientific Research (CNRS) in Paris, France.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/10/2015
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in Transport Analysis
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note160 black & white illustrations, 44 black & white tables, 160 black & white line drawings
- Weight703 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byCesar Ducruet
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.