All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBaking often conjures up images of scones and sponges, afteron tea and fancy patisserie, but these sweet treats (delightful as they are) are only part of the story. In this exciting new book, Mark Hix applies his characteristic flair to a range of sweet and savoury recipes that reflects his own unique interpretation of baking. Here the term covers pretty much anything that can be cooked in the dry heat of an oven - whether that be a simple everyday luxury like a vegetable gratin or a sophisticated tarte aux pommes. Split into chapters covering snacks, bread, meat and fish, vegetables, savoury and sweet tarts and puddings and cakes, Mark's selection of recipes is based on dishes that he has been cooking for years or that he has eaten on his travels around the globe. Also included are a number of fascinating features on the various different ovens used for baking - from brick wood-fired ovens and tandoors to Agas and modern fan-assisted ovens. With its delightful collection of unusual, delicious and easy-to-follow recipes, straightforward cooking techniques, and sumptuous photography, Mark Hix on Baking is sure to become the must-have baking book for years to come.
- Author BiographyMark Hix is a celebrated food writer and renowned restaurateur. Following 17 years overseeing London's fashionable Le Caprice, The Ivy, Scott's and J. Sheekey, Mark set up on his own and now has five acclaimed restaurants in London and the West Country. He has a weekly column in the Independent on Saturday magazine and has written nine cookbooks, including Fish etc., British Regional Food, which received a Guild of Food Writers' Award and the Andre Simon Book Award - Special Commendation in 2007 and British Seasonal Food, which was named The Guild of Food Writers' Cookery Book of the Year in 2009.
- Author(s)Mark Hix
- PublisherQuadrille Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication11/10/2012
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQuadrille Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteOver 70 colour photographs
- Width187 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.