All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKira has led a sheltered life, brought up by her widowed father, whom she adores. When he is arrested and imprisoned for a murder he allegedly committed 18 years before, she is devastated. So when she overhears an ex-student of her father's planning to visit the prison, Kira decides to go, too. However, the student - Arun - is t who she thinks he is, and she soon learns that her father has t always been the man of integrity she has kwn for fifteen years. Caught in a rebellion against the Lord High Councillor who would return the country to Wizard Rule, Kira finds that there is one more lesson she has to learn - about herself. Success depends on her, but is she willing to make the sacrifice it will require? A book for Young Adults, but suitable for all ages.
- Author BiographyKatie W. Stewart's first major piece of writing was at the age of seven, when she wrote a ten-page recall of what she did the day she didn't go on the whole-school excursion. Fortunately, she has learned to write about more interesting things since then. Katie is an Australian author of fantasy fiction for all ages. She was born in Lancashire, England and emigrated with her family when she was nine years old. In her non-writing life she works as a library assistant and relief teacher at a small school in country Western Australia. She is also a farmer's wife, mother of three children and carer for a menagerie of pets. In her spare time, she illustrates books, designs book covers, paints pet portraits and plays Celtic harp and guitar.
- Author(s)Katie W Stewart
- Date of Publication21/08/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.