All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionThe objective of this reader is manifold: On the one hand, it intends to establish a new perspective at the policy level named 'market constellations': institutionally embedded systems of macroecomic governance which are able to explain differences in growth and employment developments. At the polity level, the question raised is whether or t market constellations can be governed and, thus, whether institutions can be created which will provide the incentives necessary for favourable market constellations. Finally, at the politics level, the immediate question is whether (distributional) vested interests can be bared in order to explain the motivations to create certain market constellations. A promising approach to tackle this task needs to take into account different cultural backgrounds and must provide political transmission mechanisms for turning vested interests into policy.
- Author BiographyArne Heise is professor of Public Economics and Public Policy and Director of the Centre for Economic and Sociological Studies (CESS) at the Department of Socioeconomics, Hamburg University (Germany), and affiliated professor of Economics at the Department of Economics, Izmir University of Economics (Turkey). He is author of several books and numerous articles on macroeconomic theory and policy, regional editor of the International Journal of Public Policy and member of the editorial board of Intereconomics - Review of European Economic Policy.
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication10/10/2011
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Series TitleInstitutionelle Und Sozial-okonomie / Institutional and Socio-economics
- Series Part/Volume Number19
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2011
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Note99, fig. and tables
- Weight460 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byArne Heise
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.