All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a cutting edge introduction to market risk management for Hedge Funds, Hedge Funds of Funds, and the numerous new indices and clones launching coming to market on a near daily basis. It will present the fundamentals of quantitative risk measures by analysing the range of Value-at-Risk (VaR) models used today, addressing the robustness of each model, and looking at new risk measures available to more effectively manage risk in a hedge fund portfolio. The book begins by analysing the current state of the hedge fund industry - at the ongoing institutionalisation of the market, and at its latest developments. It then moves on to examine the range of risks, risk controls, and risk management strategies currently employed by practitioners, and focuses on particular risks embedded in the more classic investment strategies such as Long/Short, Convertible Arbitrage, Fixed Income Arbitrage, Short selling and risk arbitrage. Addressed along side these are other risks common to hedge funds, including liquidity risk, leverage risk and counterparty risk. The book then moves on to examine more closely two models which provide the underpinning for market risk management in investment today - Style Value-at-Risk and Implicit Value-at-Risk. As well as full quantitative analysis and backtesting of each methodology, the authors go on to propose a new style model for style and implicit Var, complete with analysis, real life examples and backtesting. The authors then go on to discuss annualisation issues and risk return before moving on to propose a new model based on the authors own Best Choice Implicit VaR approach, incorporating quantitative analysis, market results and backtesting and also its potential for new hedge fund clone products. This book is the only guide to VaR for Hedge Funds and will prove to be an invaluable resource as we embark into an era of increasing volatility and uncertainty.
- Author BiographyFrancois Duc is head of the Risk Advisory Desk for alternative investments of UBP (Union Bancaire Privee), the second largest worldwide investor in hedge funds. Prior to joining UBP in October 2005, Francois was responsible for the quantitative analysis and risk management at Banque SYZ & Co. In addition, he has written articles in finance, statistics and general equilibrium theory for various publications and is co-editor of a book on a learning process. Francois did his PhD in Econometrics at Geneva University where he was Assistant Professor in Statistics. Yann Schorderet works as a quantitative strategist at Banque Mirabaud & Cie. From June 2004 to June 2006, he was a member of both the Risk Advisory team and the Quantitative Team at UBP (Union Bancaire Privee). In 2003, he acted as a quantitative analyst in a start-up company specialised in funds of hedge funds. Prior to that, he was Assistant Professor in the Department of Econometrics of the University of Geneva and the Laboratoire d'Economie Appliquee. From 2001 to 2002, he carried out post-doctoral research at the University of California, San Diego. He holds a PhD in econometrics and statistics from the University of Geneva. Yann is a CFA charterholder.
- Author(s)Francois Duc,Yann Schorderet
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication10/10/2008
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Series TitleWiley Finance Series
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight536 g
- Width165 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.