All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMarketing, while essential to organisational success, is arguably one of the most controversial aspects of business management. Criticisms of marketing's impact range from fostering materialism and unsustainable consumption patterns through to the use of deception, stifling of invation and lowering of quality, to name but a few. Taking a holistic and international perspective, this book critically examines the ethical challenges marketing faces and explores strategies marketers can use to respond to those challenges. The book examines specific aspects of marketing activities, such as ethical considerations in relation to young consumers, potentially harmful products and criticism of the societal impact of medical, arts and tourism marketing activities. It then combines these with wider discussions of frameworks that enable marketers to respond to ethical challenges, supplemented by discussions of cross-cultural and international perspectives, consumer responses and ethical consumption movements as well as shifting historical perceptions of marketing ethics.
- Author BiographyStephan Dahl is a Senior Lecturer in Marketing at Hull University Business School in England and Adjunct Associate Professor at James Cook University in Australia.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication24/09/2015
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight680 g
- Width188 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byLynne Eagle,Stephan Dahl
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.63Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.12
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $25.92
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $82.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.