All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is one of the few contemporary works to begin to reinterpret marketing thought from a marketing exchange perspective. The book consists of sixteen newly authored chapters solicited for this reinterpretation. The discussion begins with a description of the marketing taxomy, identifying and distinguishing between marketing behavior and other n-marketing, need-satisfying behavior pertinent to marketers. The controversy surrounding such a taxomy as well as alternative classifications of specific need-satisfying behaviors are examined in depth as well. Other topics specific to marketing behavior are examined from an exchange perspective by authors who have done specialized work in the field. The discussions include the temporal and spatial aspects of exchange; internal markets; evaluation processes; the attributes of channel exchange in contrast to final exchange; the captive consumer; externalities and legal dimensions as they relate to the exchange process; with a special emphasis on the exchange media and its role in the exchange process. This book is important to marketing teachers and writers who are attempting to conform to the American Marketing Association's description of marketing. The topics examined in this book are likely to serve as the basis for the next generation of introductory and strategy marketing course textbooks.
- Author BiographyFRANKLIN S. HOUSTON is Associate Professor of Marketing at Rutgers University, Camden, New Jersey. He recently co-authored Marketing Exchange Transactions and Relationships (Quorum, 1992) with Jule Gassenhiemer and James Maskulka. Articles he has authored or co-authored have appeared in a number of journals including the Journal of Marketing, Journal of Marketing Research, Decision Sciences, Journal of Business, Journal of Retailing, Journal of Advertising, and Journal of Advertising Research. This work has included demand modeling and marketing theory.
- Author(s)Frank Houston
- Date of Publication26/01/1994
- SubjectSales & Marketing
- Place of PublicationSanta Barbara, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuorum Books,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight647 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.