All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.40
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.80Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores how contemporary governing leaders can overcome the typical trend of losing a public support in power by following more effective communication strategies. It shows how new forms of communication that emphasise ackwledgement and respect for public criticisms and concerns can be used by governing leaders to show the public that they still have the leadership qualities they entered office with, despite the extra challenges that political office presents. The book outlines a new model, The Contemporary Governing Leaders' Communication Model, through which leaders can communicate their positive personal and professional qualities in government. The book illustrates this model in use through the communication of United States President Barack Obama and New Zealand Prime Minister John Key during their first terms in political office.
- Author BiographyEdward Elder is a recent PhD graduate from Politics and International Relations at the University of Auckland, New Zealand, whose research focuses on political marketing communication. He published a chapter in Political Marketing in the United States (2014) and an article in the Journal of Nonprofit & Public Sector Marketing.
- Author(s)Edward Elder
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication18/07/2016
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Series TitlePalgrave Studies in Political Marketing and Management
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note2 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight339 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.