All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDespite the fact that vast engineering networks are the foundations of modern society, the services that techlogy companies provide over them have been a relatively neglected area of study. As a result, marketing in some techlogy businesses has been depressingly tactical and inconsistent. Marketers with little experience, and even less professional training, run around presenting PowerPoint decks to each other, chasing after the latest fad and throwing erratic, changing activities at the market each quarter. Many work on the unchallenged assumption that markets are fast changing and that customers only want the lowest prices.
Yet this industry has liberated human imagination in the internet and convinced the world that they must have a PC and a mobile phone. Now, as a result of profound, relentless, global forces, some of the leading firms and greatest minds in it are at last turning their attention to service. With the advent of cloud computing and radical changes in the engineering of some utilities, the marketing of services that are based on a technical infrastructure is about to become as important and sophisticated as in, say, consumer products. This book explores their story and experience.
I really enjoyed the book From Products to Services by Mr Laurie Young. Encouraged by it, Haier accelerated its changeover from a traditional product-driven to a more customer-centric company. This new book Marketing Techlogy as a Service is ather major contribution to techlogy companies for the cultivation of service needs worldwide. Mr Zhang Ruimin, CEO and Chairman, Haier Group, Beijing
Young and Burgess describe a shift in mindset and pragmatic techniques that are quite doable Rae Sedel, MD, Global Techlogy Practice, Russell Reylds Associates.
This book provides practical and insightful advice on how to use services to turn techlogy into value add solutions for real people Rudy Provoost, CEO, Philips Lighting
Business leaders in India have been remarkably successful at offering techlogy based services like outsourcing across the world. Currently worth $60 billion, they intend to reach $300 billion by 2020. To succeed, the Indian business community must offer new value propositions and adapt to emerging trends, like cloud computing. Burgess and Young have put together the first comprehensive and practical guide for business leaders to meet their challenges of exponential growth. Dr Mukesh Aghi, Chairman and CEO, Steria (India)
- Author BiographyLaurie (Laurence) Young is a business man who likes to write. During his line career he held senior positions at BT, Unisys and PricewaterhouseCoopers. He also founded, built and sold a company. Yet, as his education includes a postgraduate business diploma and an MBA, his writing combines practical experience with sound business thinking. He has extensive experience of the marketing of technology companies having, in addition to his line jobs, advised companies like: Ericsson, Motorola, Energis, Hitachi Data Systems, Cable & Wireless, Datex Engstrom, Phillips and Nokia. This is his sixth book. Bev Burgess has spent twenty years in technology companies, specialising in services marketing in roles at British Gas, Epson and Fujitsu and through postgraduate study. She has also built a service business. As MD of the IT Services Marketing Association in Europe, Bev created the European programme of research, publications and events and headed the company s learning and advisory activities in the region. She personally supported companies like Atos Origin, BT, CSC, EDS, HP, Microsoft, Orange, Steria and Xerox. Today, Bev continues to help companies like these to focus on their best opportunities for growth and take creative, competitive value propositions to market.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication16/04/2010
- SubjectSales & Marketing
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight724 g
- Width176 mm
- Height249 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byBev Burgess,Laurie Young
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14