All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn recent years, there have been significant shifts in arts marketing, both as a practice and an academic discipline. The relationship between art and the market is increasingly complex and dynamic, requiring a transformation in the way the arts are marketed. Marketing the Arts argues that arts marketing is t about the simple application of mainstream managerial marketing to the arts. With contributions from international scholars of marketing and consumer studies, this book engages directly with a range of contemporary themes, including: * The importance of arts consumption and its social dimensions * The importance of the aesthetic experience itself, and how to research it * Arts policy development * The art versus commerce debate * The role of the arts marketer as market-maker * The artist as brand or entrepreneur This exciting new book covers topics as diverse as Damien Hirst's 'For the Love of God', Liverpool's brand makeover, Manga scanlation, Gob Squad, Surrealism, Bluegrass music, Miles Davis and Andy Warhol, and is sure to enthuse students and enlighten practitioners.
- Author BiographyDaragh O'Reilly is a Lecturer in Marketing at the University of Sheffield, UK. His current research interests include arts marketing and branding. Finola Kerrigan is a Lecturer in Marketing at King's College London, UK. She researches arts marketing and has published a number of books and articles in international journals.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/04/2010
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note25 black & white illustrations, 8 black & white tables, 22 black & white halftones, 3 black & white line drawings
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byDaragh O'Reilly,Finola Kerrigan
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $26.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.