All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a book on grief, but it's really about hope. The personal story of the loss of the author's child draws readers in to the therapeutic, healing part of the book. This book's aim is to help persons who are grieving understand that there is some process to grief, though it may be different for every individual who experiences it, and to help the mourner along on the journey, through pain to hopeful fulfillment. In the author's words, Grief permeates most of [the grieving person's] waking moments and all of their lives. The power of that emotion needs to be hored by fully experiencing it and giving it a voice. This is a new and frightening experience for most. I seek to walk them through this using both my background as a pastoral counselor and my experience of grief following the death of our younger son...This [book] is a Christian message about the hope that can be found at the far side of that journey...I am writing to someone who is in pain as one who has been there and kws of the experience.
- Author BiographyRonald J Greer has been with the Pastoral Counselling Service at Peachtree Road United Methodist Church in Atlanta for the past 23 years. He is an ordained United Methodist minister, a fellow of the American Association of Pastoral Counsellors and a clinical member of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy.
- Author(s)Ronald J. Greer
- PublisherAbingdon Press
- Date of Publication31/10/2006
- SubjectChristian Personal Testimonies
- Place of PublicationNashville, Tennessee
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAbingdon Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight88 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.