All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe audio edition of Mark's Gospel from the widely acclaimed modern literary classic The New Testament in Scots. Tom Fleming's reading brings out the poetry, wit and humanity of William Lorimer's translation in a way which speaks to everyone.
- Author BiographyWilliam Laughton Lorimer (1885-1967) immersed himself in the Scots language from childhood; he first began studying Scots when he was only nine years old, learning the rich Angus dialect of his locality. He devoted the last decade of his life to translating the New Testament into Scots. His son Robin transcribed, edited and published the book from his father's handwritten manuscripts.
- PublisherCanongate Books Ltd
- Date of Publication17/05/2012
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCanongate Books Ltd
- Weight143 g
- Width125 mm
- Height139 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Translated byWilliam Laughton Lorimer
- Read byTom Fleming
- Contained items statement3 Audio CDs
- Running Time123
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $20.14Trending at AU $35.44
- AU $28.57Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $48.99Trending at AU $55.34
- AU $31.18Trending at AU $37.14
- AU $18.35Trending at AU $19.93
- AU $14.77Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $45.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.