All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis impressive volume accompanies the centrepiece exhibition of a year-long celebration commemorating the museum's 20th anniversary and its rich permanent collection. Approximately one hundred seventy-five of the Hood Museum's finest American watercolours and drawings dating from between 1769 and 1969 are beautifully illustrated, many published for the first time. Noteworthy works include Benjamin West's elegant Archangel Gabriel of the Annunciation, 1784; from the 19th century, James McNeill Whistler's lyrical Maud in Bed, 1884-86, and an unusually early watercolour by John Singer Sargent, Cathedral of Saint Gilles du Gard, 1878; and two very fine watercolours by Maurice Pendergast, Reading in the Garden, 1893-94, and The Harbor from City Point, 1895. The 20th century collection boasts work by George Bellows, Joseph Stella and Magic Realists Paul Cadmus and Ilse Bischoff. Additionally, drawings by Edwin Dickinson, David Smith and Lee Bontecou, as well as Larry Rivers' Double Money Drawing, 1964 are reproduced to complete the thorough presentation of this distinctive collection of American art.
- Author BiographyBarbara J. MacAdam is curator of American Art at the Hood Museum of Art, Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH.
- Author(s)Barbara J. MacAdam
- PublisherHudson Hills Press Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/04/2005
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHudson Hills Press Inc.,U.S.
- Content Note125 b&w and 75 colour illustrations
- Weight1873 g
- Width228 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.