All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA highly skilled 'painter's painter', Marlene Dumas comments through her work on the state of painting today while asking what it means to be a woman working within the predominantly male genre of expressionist art. She has exhibited since the late 1970s and her work has been included in major solo exhibitions at the Museum fur Moderne Kunst, Frankfurt (1998), and the Tate Gallery, London (1996), as well as in numerous group exhibitions, including, most recently, the 51st Venice Biennale (2005) Marlene Dumas is represented by Ze X Gallery, Antwerp; Paul Andriesse, Amsterdam; Frith Street Gallery, London; Produzentengalerie, Hamburg;Le Case d'Arte, Milan.
- Author BiographyJan Avgikos is an art historian and critic and teaches at the School of the Arts at Columbia University. She is contributing editor at Artforum. Dominic van den Boogerd was Chief Editor of Metropolis M and is currently Director of De Ateliers international artists' institute in Amsterdam. He is guest lecturer at the Fachhochschule fYr Kunst und Gestaltung, Bern, and the Institute of Fine Arts/Technology, Dublin. Barbara Bloom is a photographer, designer and installation artist who has exhibited at the Venice Biennale, MoCA, Los Angeles and the ICP, New York. Her books include Ghost Writer (1988) and The Reign of Narcissism (1990). Mariuccia Casadio is a writer on contemporary art, fashion and design. Formerly Editor of Vogue Italia, Milan (1986-90) and Editor-at-Large of Interview, New York (1990-3), at present she contributes regularly to Vogue Italia and L'uomo Vogue.
- Author(s)Barbara Bloom,Dominic van den Boogerd,Ilaria Bonacossa,Mariuccia Casadio
- PublisherPhaidon Press Ltd
- Date of Publication09/10/2009
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Series TitleContemporary Artists Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhaidon Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations (chiefly col.)
- Weight1860 g
- Width256 mm
- Height296 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byMariuccia Casadio
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.35Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.