All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionWinner of the Roma Gill Prize 2015, Marlowe's Literary Scepticism re-evaluates the representation of religion in Christopher Marlowe's plays and poems, demonstrating the extent to which his literary engagement with questions of belief was shaped by the virulent polemical debates that raged in post-Reformation Europe. Offering new readings of under-studied works such as the poetic translations and a fresh perspective on well-kwn plays such as Doctor Faustus, this book focuses on Marlowe's depiction of the religious frauds deunced by his contemporaries. It identifies Marlowe as one of the earliest writers to ackwledge the practical value of religious hypocrisy, and a pivotal figure in the history of scepticism.
- Author BiographyChloe Preedy is a teaching associate at the University of Cambridge.
- Author(s)Chloe Preedy
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication17/01/2013
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArden Shakespeare
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight389 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.