All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe effective yet gentle 'Sukshma' technique, for working with the Marma points at the emotional as well as on the physical level, is fully described in this book. Marma Therapy - the art of treating specific vital points on the human body - is one of the greatest healing secrets of Ayurveda. It can be used to detoxify, strengthen and revitalize the body, for rejuvenation and relaxation or to release blocked energy. The authors explain the theoretical basis of Marma Therapy, and then provide a detailed, fully illustrated guide to its use. For each Marma point, the authors provide information about its significance, the Ayurvedic element it relates to, the most appropriate oils to use, and what it can be used to treat. Clear step-by-step instructions and photographs illustrate the techniques, and advice is also included for self-treatment. The authors explain how to strengthen the Marmas through yoga and use mudras to support and complement Marma treatment. Finally, they describe how to treat common physical and emotional conditions, from headache and back pain, to exam nerves and insomnia.
- Author BiographyDr Ernst Schrott is a trained medical doctor specialising in naturopathy and homeopathy and one of the most renowned Ayurveda specialists in Germany and Europe. He is Vice-President of the German Society of Ayurveda, Head of the German Academy of Ayurveda, and has written numerous bestsellers on Ayurveda. Vaidya Dr J. Ramanuja Raju is an internationally recognised Ayurveda specialist. He is chief physician of the Maharishi Ayurveda Clinic in New Delhi and General Secretary of the All India Ayurvedic Graduate Association. He was advisor to the Indian State Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and has trained thousands of doctors in Ayurveda worldwide. He is also a master of the art of Ayurvedic pulse diagnosis. Stefan Schrott studied traditional Vedic techniques of Yoga and Meditation at the Maharishi University of Management in Fairfield, Iowa. He is a holistic therapist for mind/body medicine, Maharishi Ayurveda and Marma and a certified Yoga instructor. Inspired by Vedic healing techniques and practical training in the USA, India and Europe, he is especially devoted to spiritual healing.
- Author(s)Ernst Schrott,J. Ramanuja Raju,Stefan Schrott
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication21/12/2015
- SubjectAlternative Therapies & Health
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSinging Dragon
- Content NoteFull colour illustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width185 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Translated byMarek Lorys
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $73.88Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.