Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionA practical tutorial that's easy to follow with lots of tips, examples and diagrams, including a full game project that grows with each chapter. This book targets Professional and Indie game developers who want to develop games quickly and easily to run across a huge range of smartphones and tablets. You are expected to have some experience writing games using C++ on other platforms. Its aim is to show how to take your existing skills and apply them to writing games for mobile devices (including iOS and Android) by explaining the use of the Marmalade SDK,Familiarity with games and 3D graphics programming would be helpful. No kwledge of specific mobile SDKs such as iOS or Android is required.
- Author BiographySean Scaplehorn is a programmer with 15 years of experience in the videogames industry, who has worked on projects for both console and mobile devices. He has worked on games published by companies including Sony, Electronic Arts, Konami, Square Enix, and Namco. Sean got his first home computer while still at primary school, which kick-started his interest in programming. After learning to code from typing in listings printed in computer magazines, he went on to write his own games and shared them with his school friends. He knew then that writing games was what he wanted to do when he grew up. However, on leaving university, Sean spent a couple of years writing software for printing check books. When he could stand it no longer, he made the leap into videogames development and hasn't looked back since. He worked at Ideaworks3D, the company behind the Marmalade SDK, for four years. In this time he saw the Marmalade SDK evolve from an in-house technology to being a product in its own right, when it was launched as the Airplay SDK. Sean now works from his home in the South of England as a freelance game coder.
- Author(s)Sean Scaplehorn
- PublisherPackt Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication30/11/2012
- SubjectComputer Games: Programming
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPackt Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight550 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.