All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis fictionalised story of Marngrook takes place at the foot of Duwul, the highest mountain in the spectacular Grampians region of north-west Victoria, the traditional country of people from the Djab-Wurrung and Jardwadjali clans. When Wawi, a clan Elder, notices that his son, Jaara, and the other children only have old toys to play with, he goes for a walk to see what he can find. Wawi comes across a banya (ring-tailed possum) and has an idea. He kills the banya and skins it, and sews up the skin with a tendon from a kangaroo tail. Wawi stuffs the skin with emu feathers and moulds it into the shape of an emu egg. Jaara and the children play with the marngrook every day and spend hours practising their kicks. One day, when Jaara kicks the marngrook far into the bush, he finds himself lost and has to bear the consequences of not listening to his Elders.
- Author(s)Titta Secombe
- PublisherMagabala Books
- Date of Publication01/04/2012
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationBroome, WA
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintMagabala Books
- Width190 mm
- Height230 mm
- Illustrator(s)Grace Fielding
Best-selling in Children's Picture Books
Save on Children's Picture Books
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $13.51
- AU $9.64Trending at AU $18.91
- AU $19.75Trending at AU $19.98
- AU $17.24Trending at AU $17.47
- AU $9.05Trending at AU $9.79
- AU $6.30Trending at AU $9.46
- AU $9.77Trending at AU $11.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.