All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRussell Maroon Shoatz is a political prisoner who has been in solitary confinement for 30 years. This is the first collection of his accumulated written works. Despite the having spent decades in prison, Shoatz has remained on the cutting edge of history, writing wide-range of essays covering past and current issues. He gives a fresh retelling of the Black Liberation Movement, as well as an analysis of the prison system. His sharp understanding of current historical movements includes proposals on how to move forward to embrace new political practices.
- Author BiographyRussell Maroon Shoatz is a founding member of the Black Unity Council, former member of the Black Panther Party, and soldier in the Black Liberation Army. He is currently incarcerated in Waynesburg, Pennsylvania. Quincy Saul writes columns for Capitalism Nature Socialism and the Africa Report and is a cofounder, a writer, and an organizer for Ecosocialist Horizons. He lives in Amherst, Massachusetts. Fred Ho is a jazz baritone saxophonist, composer, bandleader, playwright, writer, and social activist. His previous books include Diary of a Radical Cancer Warrior and Raw Extreme Manifesto, and he is a cofounder of Scientific Soul Sessions. He lives in New York City. Chuck D is a rapper, an author, and a producer. He helped create politically and socially conscious hip-hop music in the mid-1980s as the leader of Public Enemy. He lives in Ventura, California. Matt Meyer is an educator, an activist, an author, and an editor whose previous work includes Let Freedom Ring: A Collection of Documents from the Movements to Free U.S. Political Prisoners. He is a founder of the anti-imperialist collective Resistance in Brooklyn and served as national chair for both the War Resisters League and the Peace and Justice Studies Association. He lives in New York City. Nozizwe Madlala-Routledge is a South African politician and activist. A founding member of the Natal Organization of Women, she has worked as the Chairperson of the ANC Parliamentary Caucus, Deputy Speaker of the National Assembly, Deputy Minister of Health, and Deputy Minister of Defence. She is currently the executive director of Embrace Dignity.
- Author(s)Russell Maroon Shoatz
- PublisherPM Press
- Date of Publication25/04/2013
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationOakland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPM Press
- Weight378 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.96
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.41
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.