Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.55
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
About this product
- DescriptionMarriage and Friendship in Medieval Spain explores the themes of betrothal, marriage, parenthood and friendship in the famous Spanish law code compiled during the reign of Alfonso X (1252-1284). The often quoted Siete Partidas are the sources for hispanic law and for legal precedents in the United States today; yet, the text of Book Four concerning friendship, relations between men and women and relationships between parents and children has t been analyzed in depth before. Professor Stone uses this text to provide us with a glimpse into the social history of Medieval Spain. It is an essential building block for future studies and critical editions of Las Siete Partidas.
- Author(s)Marilyn Stone
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/05/1990
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies, Series 2: Romance, Languages & Literature
- Series Part/Volume Number131
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1990
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Note1 ill.
- Weight360 g
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.