All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMarriage and Friendship in Medieval Spain explores the themes of betrothal, marriage, parenthood and friendship in the famous Spanish law code compiled during the reign of Alfonso X (1252-1284). The often quoted Siete Partidas are the sources for hispanic law and for legal precedents in the United States today; yet, the text of Book Four concerning friendship, relations between men and women and relationships between parents and children has t been analyzed in depth before. Professor Stone uses this text to provide us with a glimpse into the social history of Medieval Spain. It is an essential building block for future studies and critical editions of Las Siete Partidas.
- Author(s)Marilyn Stone
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/05/1990
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies, Series 2: Romance, Languages & Literature
- Series Part/Volume Number131
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1990
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Note1 ill.
- Weight360 g
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.