All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $22.14
About this product
- DescriptionMoliere's plays transformed the writing of 17th century comedy, savagely satirising the Establishment of his day, and surviving only because he had the unwavering support of Louis XIV. His private life was even more controversial than his plays. Did he really tumble in and out of bed with so many beautiful people of both sexes? Did he marry his own daughter? Why did the Church refuse to bury him? Nicholas Dromgoole's play gives us fresh insight into this astonishing artist.
- Author BiographyNicholas Dromgoole's published work includes 'The Playwright as Rebel' (Oberon) and 'Sibley and Dowell', a portrait of one of the great dance partnerships of our time, as well as many introductions to volumes of classical and contemporary drama. For over thirty years hs was dance critic for the Sunday Telegraph and a regular contributor to other magazines and newspapers including The Times and Punch. He has lectured widely on drama and drama history and contributed to various arts broadcasts on radio and television.
- PublisherOberon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/12/2000
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOberon Books Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight91 g
- Width130 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Translated byNicholas Dromgoole
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.