All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe twentieth century has been a time of immense change in virtually every facet of human life in the West. This edited volume examines how marriage, and how we theorize about marriage, has been transformed. The essays included address shifting marital trends, marriage as the focus of scientific study and the object of psychotherapeutic intervention, the impact of feminism and women's changing roles on marriage, research and treatment, and the legacy of slavery and pervasive racism on the marriage patterns of African Americans. The place of marriage within today's single parent, bi-nuclear and remarried families has gotten more ambiguous and complex. This book clarifies and explains many of the changes in marriage, marital research, and couples therapy in the 20th century in the West, emphasizing the need for new theory, research, and practice to take a more multifaceted and diverse perspective on marriage, divorce, and human pair-bonding in general into the twenty-first century.
- Author BiographyDr. William Pinsof, Ph.D., is a clinical psychologist and a marital and family therapist. He is the President of The Family Institute at Northwestern University, Director of the Center for Applied Psychological and Family Studies at Northwestern and a Clinical Professor in Northwestern's Department of Psychology. He has edited (with Leslie Greenberg) The Psychotherapeutic Process: A Research Handbook, (1986) and a special issue (with Lyman C. Wynne) of the Journal of Marital and Family Therapy (1995) dedicated to reviewing all of the controlled research on the outcomes of couple and family therapy. His work on psychotherapy integration culminated in the publication of Integrative Problem Centered Therapy: A Synthesis of Family, Individual and Biogogical Therapies (1995).
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication16/09/2002
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content Note0
- Weight272 g
- Width175 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edited byWilliam Pinsof
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.