Marriages and Families by Mary Ann Schwartz, BarBara Marliene Scott (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $181.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $205.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
Examines personal belief systems and societal views
Marriages and Families: Diversity and Change, 7th edition, challenges students to examine their personal belief systems and societal views.
Using an engaging narrative and sociological approach, the text integrates race, class, and gender into the discussion of family experiences. It guides students to make informed choices and decisions about their own marriage, family, and intimate relationships.
A better teaching and learning experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experiencea??for you and your students. Herea??s how:
- Personalize Learninga??The New MyFamilyLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals.
- Improve Critical Thinking a?? a??What Will You Learna?? learning objectives open each chapter and help to guide students through the material they can expect to master in each chapter.
- Engage Students a?? Contemporary stories about real people helps students connect to the material.
- Explore Theory a?? Using a sociological and feminist perspective, the authors encourage students to apply the sociological imagination and marriage and family theories to their everyday lives.
- Support Instructors a?? An Instructora??s Manual, Test Bank, PowerPoints, and the New MyFamilyLab support instructors.
MyFamilyLab does t come automatically packaged with this text. To purchase MyFamilyLab, please visit:
www.myfamilylab.com or you can purchase a valuepack of the text + MyFamilyLab (at additional cost): ValuePack ISBN-10: 0205877869 / ValuePack ISBN-13: 9780205877867.
- Author BiographyBarBara Marliene Scott is a Professor Emerita of Sociology, African & African American Studies, and Women's Studies at Northeastern Illinois University, and a long-time civic and political activist, anti-racist worker, and advocate for an equal and just world. She has won numerous awards and honors and her research and teaching interests and professional presentations span a variety of topics and interests. She is a past president of the Association of Black Sociologists, an international professional organization of sociologists of African descent, and currently acts as the organization's Executive Officer. She holds a PhD in sociology from Northwestern University, a MA in sociology, a MPh specializing in Community College Education, and a BA in sociology each from Roosevelt University. She is a strong advocate for curriculum transformation and the integration of race, class, gender and sexual orientation into the college curriculum and for more than 36 years, she has developed and taught courses in which she interjects intellectual vitality and justice-oreineted perspectives. She still finds teaching exciting, challenging, and invigorating and thus, continues in retirement to teach part time. Committed to an understanding of marriage and family life from a sociological perspective, she continues to co-author Marriages and Families with a goal of helping students understand marriage, family and intimate relationships through the lens of sociology. Mary Ann Schwartz is a Professor Emerita of Sociology and Women's Studies at Northeastern Illinois University, Chicago, Illinois and a community activist. She is Board Secretary for the Lincoln Park Village, a pioneering non-for-profit organization working to help people to live safely and well in their homes and neighborhoods as they grow older and to assist families in caring for their elderly members. She holds a PhD in sociology from Northwetstern University, an MS in sociology from Illinois Institute of Technology, and a BA in sociology and history from Alverno College in Milwaukee. During her 35 years as an educator she has won numerous awards and honors and given many workshops on gender and family issues, the sociology of work, collective bargaining, and substance abuse prevention. She continues to co-author Marriages and Families with the goal of helping students to see the connections between their individual lives and the larger social forces that impact them.
- Author(s)BarBara Marliene Scott,Mary Ann Schwartz
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication09/02/2012
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1211 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement7th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $190.23New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.44
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.61