Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.00Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionWe live in a world where the concept of marriage is an unfashionable one. Where individuals protest their independence, their inability to commit or their lack of faith in the institution, against a culture of bestsellers, films, television series and magazines all obsessed with the finding, and keeping, of a mate. With clarity Anne Roiphe gives us an unfettered view of an institution which continues to play an important role in all our lives. In doing so she offers an elegant defence of married life from the perspective of a wife and mother who has survived the fifties, the sexual revolution and the woman's movement. Drawing on personal anecdote, history, literature and popular culture, Married is a moving tribute t only to what marriage asks of us, but also to what it gives us.
- Author BiographyAnne Roiphe is the best-selling author of several books. Her articles and reviews have appeared in Vogue, Redbook, Glamour, Working Woman and Family Circle. She lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Anne Richardson Roiphe
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication19/04/2004
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Weight244 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.