Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $15.33Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA devastating first-hand testimony exposing the cruel and widespread practice of forced marriage: 'I was twenty years old and dreamed of marrying for love.' Leila was born and brought up in France by Moroccan-born parents. But her romantic dreams were shattered when she was forced by her father to marry a man she'd never met, fifteen years older than her, and whose language she couldn't understand. The husband she didn't love beat her regularly in an attempt to force her into submission. But, with extraordinary courage, Leila fought back against the weight of family tradition to regain her liberty and dignity; and though it put her life in danger, she left her husband and later divorced him.
- Author BiographyLeila is now 29 years old, and lives with her young son in Paris. She speaks out frequently in the media against the evils of forced marriage; but still prefers not to reveal her surname. The book was first published in France, where it caused a storm of controversy.
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication03/05/2007
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPiatkus Books
- Weight210 g
- Width134 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.