Marrying Well: The Clinician's Guide to Premarital Counseling by Elena Lesser Bruun, Anne F. Ziff (Hardback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $38.98Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $59.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is aimed both at experienced therapists who wish to expand into this area of practice, and vice premarital counselors and couple therapists who need to understand the unique challenges and issues faced by premarital couples in the twenty-first century. Separate chapters discuss how to recognize key factors in individuals and couples that predict long and happy marriages (such as empathy, flexibility, shared goals, and the ability to make each other laugh), and the most common issues presented by couples in premarital counseling and how best to address them, such as: differing racial, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds; differences in religious beliefs and attitudes; sexual issues; money; and disagreements about whether to have or how to raise children. Here, the therapist will also learn how to help clients decide whether or when to get married, how to help couples deal with the stress and issues brought on by wedding planning-and how to work with couples whom the therapist thinks might be better off t getting married. Bruun and Ziff rely on their combined decades' worth of clinical experience, presenting numerous case studies that illustrate the variety of couples seeking premarital counseling today. The result is an excellent introduction to contemporary premarital counseling that offers sage advice and practical approaches to working with couples dealing with contemporary premarital challenges.
- Author BiographyElena Lesser Bruun, EdD, LMFT, is Clinical Associate Professor of Psychiatry at the New York University School of Medicine. She is an American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT) Clinical Member and Approved Supervisor, and a past president of the New York State division (NYAMFT). She practices in Manhattan, where she sees individuals, families, and couples, an ever-increasing number of them premarital. Her Web site is www.elbtherapy.com. Anne F. Ziff is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. She divides her time between New York City, and Westport CT. An AAMFT Approved Supervisor, she is Assistant Clinical Professor, Psychiatry, at the Mt. Sinai Medical Center, NYC, teaching Family Systems and supervising cases. Ziff writes, lectures, leads workshops, and practices with individuals and couples emphasizing family systems issues including communication, loyalty, power, sex, love, fair fighting, and potentially perilous life transitions. She is recognized for her non-adversarial approaches to negotiations and her passionate desire to catalyze a reduction in divorces.
- Author(s)Anne F. Ziff,Elena Lesser Bruun
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication07/05/2010
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Weight570 g
- Width165 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.