All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a new vel from Ben Bova, creator of the New York Times bestselling Grand Tour science fiction series! How do you get to the Red Planet? Not via a benighted government program trapped in red tape and bound by budget constrictions, that's for sure. No, what it will take is a helping of adventure, science, corporate powerplays, a generous dollop of seduction - both in and out of the boardroom - and money, money, money! Art Thrasher kws this. He is a man with a driving vision: send humans to Mars. The government has utterly failed, but Thrasher has a plan to accomplish such a feat: form a club or billionaires to chip in one billion a year until the dream is accomplished. But it's going to take all his wiles as a captain of industry and master manipulator of business and capital to overcome setbacks and sabotage - and get a rocket full of scientist, engineers, visionaries, and dreamers on their way to the Red Planet!
- Author BiographyBen Bova has written more than one hundred twenty futuristic novels and nonfiction books, and has been involved in science and high technology since the very beginnings of the space age. President Emeritus of the National Space Society and a past president of Science Fiction Writers of America, Bova received the Lifetime Achievement Award of the Arthur C. Clarke Foundation in 2005, for fueling mankind's imagination regarding the wonders of outer space. His 2006 novel Titan received the John W. Campbell Memorial Award for best novel of the year. In 2008 he won the Robert A. Heinlein Award for his outstanding body of work in the field of literature. Bova is a frequent commentator on radio and television and a widely-popular lecturer. His articles, opinion pieces and reviews have appeared in Scientific American, Nature, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and many other newspapers and magazines. Earlier, he was an award-winning editor and an executive in the aerospace industry. His Grand Tour novels, such as Moonrise and Mars, combine romance, adventure, and the highest degree of scientific accuracy to show how the human race will expand through the solar system, and the impact this will have on individual human lives and society as a whole. Bova has taught science fiction at Harvard University and at the Hayden Planetarium in New York City, where he has also directed film courses. Bova currently lives in Florida.
- Author(s)Ben Bova
- PublisherBaen Books
- Date of Publication10/12/2013
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationRiverdale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaen Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width160 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine36 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $30.99New
- AU $71.82New
- AU $91.13New
- AU $79.26New
- AU $49.25New
- AU $21.55New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.49Trending at AU $30.99
- AU $12.20Trending at AU $16.37
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.26
- AU $10.69Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.11
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.87
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $19.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.