CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
About this product
- DescriptionIn our distant future, a tale of things past... Humanity is isolated in its corner of the universe. The Sovereignty is an oligarchy ruling the planets and outposts in our solar system. It has endured for 1,000 years but the foundations of its society are crumbling, eaten away by corruption, excess, and personal ambition. A struggle for dominion of the Sovereignty leads to the ascension of supreme power for one whose eventual fall will plunge the Sovereignty into chaos and civil war. Narrated from the perspective of a historian looking back on events that occurred many years ago, Mars Rising blends together the story and history of a distant future in a gripping drama that chronicles the epic people and events, plots and betrayals, instigating the fall of the Sovereignty and the rise of an Empire. Mars Rising is a fast-paced, character-driven political thriller in the science fiction setting of our distant future, w with illustrations by Jonathan Atkins in a large print format.
- Author BiographyAbout the Author Mark David Major is the author of The Persistence of Memory and Other Plays, Everyday Objects: Collected Poems, 1987-2012, and Actors Editions of The Persistence of Memory, The Truth of Glances, and Song of My Childhood. Born and raised in St. Louis, Mark is a Professor of Urban Design at the Savannah College of Art and Design. He is a graduate of Clemson University, the University of London, and University College London. Mars Rising was his debut novel. About the Artist Jonathan Atkins is a graduate of the University of North Florida with a Bachelor of Fine Arts. He has contributed art work to several projects including: storyboards and illustrations for JaxPort, Digital Video Arts, and filmmaker Damian Lahey; logo design for Bold City Brewery and Willow Creek Meats; and, chalk murals for the Jax Chalk Fest. In 2009, he worked for Pizzazz Scenic Contractors in both the design department and fabrication. Jonathan's studio paintings were displayed in Jacksonville's exclusive Art After Dark show and frequently showcased at the Jacksonville Art Walk.
- Author(s)Mark David Major
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication27/08/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Out-of-print date16/02/2017
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight299 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Jonathan Atkins
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statementlarge type edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.