All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMarshland is a deep map of the east London marshes, a blend of local history, folklore and weird fiction, where thing is quite as it seems. Cocker spaniel by his side, Rees wanders the marshes of Hackney, Leyton and Walthamstow, avoiding his family and the pressures of life. He discovers a lost world of Victorian filter plants, ancient grazing lands, dead toy factories and tidal rivers on the edgelands of a rapidly changing city. Ghosts are his friends. As strange tales of bears, crocodiles, magic narrowboats and apocalyptic tribes begin to manifest themselves, Rees embarks on a psychedelic journey across time and into the dark heart of London. It soon becomes clear that the very existence of the marshland is at threat. For on all sides, the developers are closing in ...
- Author BiographyGareth E. Rees is a freelance writer, visiting research fellow at Plymouth University and author of the Marshman Chronicles blog. His spoken word collaboration with the band Jetsam, 'A Dream Life of Hackney Marshes' was released in October 2013. Ada Jusic was born in Sarajevo and studied illustration in London. She is a resident artist at Southbank Centre.
- Author(s)Gareth E. Rees
- PublisherInflux Press
- Date of Publication28/10/2013
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintInflux Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight434 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Illustrator(s)Ada Jusic
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $30.89New
- AU $71.58New
- AU $78.99New
- AU $49.08New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.49Trending at AU $30.89
- AU $12.20Trending at AU $16.32
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $82.83
- AU $59.73Trending at AU $61.62
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.80
- AU $22.30Trending at AU $22.82
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.