All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSteven Mackintosh stars as dogged, dyspeptic detective Martin Beck, with Neil Pearson as his friend and colleague Lennart Kollberg, in this BBC Radio 4 dramatisation of Murder at the Savoy The Martin Beck books are widely ackwledged as some of the most influential detective vels ever written. Written by Swedish husband and wife team Maj Sjowall and Per Wahloo between 1965-1975, the ten-book series set a gold standard for all subsequent Scandanavian crime fiction. Long before Kurt Wallander or Harry Hole, Beck was the original flawed policeman, working with a motley collection of colleagues to uncover the cruelty and injustice lurking beneath the surface of Sweden's seemingly liberal, democratic society. In Murder at the Savoy, adapted from the sixth book in the series, Martin Beck and Lennart Kollberg are called to Malmo in southern Sweden when an industrialist is shot whilst having dinner at the city's best hotel. There are people in high places who want the case cleared up quietly and quickly, but Beck refuses to give way to pressure. Translated by Amy and Ken Kespel and dramatised by Jennifer Howarth.
- Author BiographyMaj Sjowall (Author) Maj Sjowall and her late partner Per Wahloo created the acclaimed Swedish crime novels featuring Martin Beck. The ten books in the series, written between 1965 and 1975, became international bestsellers and have sold over 10 million copies.Per Wahloo (Author) Born in 1926, Per Wahloo was a Swedish writer and journalist who, alongside his own novels, collaborated with his wife, Maj Sjowall, on the bestselling Martin Beck crime series which are credited as inspiring writers as varied as Agatha Christie, Henning Mankell and Jonathan Franzen. In 1971 the fourth novel in the series, The Laughing Policeman, won an Edgar Award from the Mystery Writers of America. Per Wahloo died in 1975.
- Author(s)Maj Sjowall,Per Wahloo
- PublisherAudioGO Limited
- Date of Publication15/08/2013
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleA Martin Beck Mystery
- Place of PublicationBath
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAudioGO Limited
- Weight89 g
- Width125 mm
- Height125 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Translated byAmy Knoespel,Ken Knoespel
- Read byNeil Pearson,Steven Mackintosh,Lesley A. Sharp,Full Cast,Neil Pearson,Steven Mackintosh,Lesley Sharp
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time55
- Edition StatementA&M
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $27.06
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $35.12
- AU $33.01Trending at AU $39.52
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.35
- AU $11.42Trending at AU $14.09
- AU $18.79Trending at AU $25.47
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $45.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.