Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $45.79Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 13 Feb
- AU $28.32+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis Martin Parr (b.1952) retrospective is rich in the wit and colour for which Parr's work is well kwn, yet simultaneously offers the first ever serious assessment of the career of this major contemporary photographer. Parr combines an urge to document with an attitude of incisive bemusement by social behaviour. Val Williams, distinguished writer and curator, considers Parr's later work - also his most famous - within the context of his full career. In so doing, she shows how Parr's subtle and striking photographs have highlighted political and social change over the last 30 years. Although Parr began his career in Britain, he w has a wide international following. This book offers the overview that many have eagerly anticipated. It features fascinating previously unpublished early work, his startling and original 1974 installation 'Home Sweet Home', early black-and-white photographs of the people and places of Hebden Bridge, Yorkshire where he lived and worked in the 1970s, photographs from Ireland and Salford, and of course a selection of the very best images from all his published books including The Last Resort, The Cost of Living, Signs of the Times and Think of England (published by Phaidon). With unlimited access to Parr's archives and drawing on extensive interviews, Val Williams charts Parr's life and career, revealing insights into his influences and attitudes and assessing his importance within the worlds of art and photography.
- Author BiographyVal Williams is a well-respected writer and curator based in London. She is contributing editor of Creative Camera magazine and has written for the Guardian, the Independent, the Telegraph Magazine and the New Statesman, among many others.
- Author(s)Val Williams
- PublisherPhaidon Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2004
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhaidon Press Ltd
- Content Note441 colour, 156 duotone photographs
- Weight2091 g
- Width290 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Photographer(s)Martin Parr
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $29.85Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.77Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.