All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionHarry A. Miller designed racing cars that were among the finest of the golden age of American auto racing for nearly two decades. What are less well kwn are Miller's passenger cars, and boat and aircraft engine designs, some of them extremely successful, some of them bizarre. This book portrays Miller's racing cars of the glorious roaring twenties along with his speedboat and aircraft engines - even his design for a high-speed combat vehicle engine. Seen are his advanced Miller-Fords of 1935 and the radical Gulf-Miller cars of 1938-1941. An exciting collection of photos of the work of one of America's mechanical geniuses, along with commentary on Miller's work by highly regarded auto racing historian Gordon Eliot White.
- Author(s)Gordon Eliot White
- Date of Publication01/09/2004
- SubjectInventions & Technology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationWisconsin
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteb&w illustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width248 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine6 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.