All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHarry A. Miller designed racing cars that were among the finest of the golden age of American auto racing for nearly two decades. What are less well kwn are Miller's passenger cars, and boat and aircraft engine designs, some of them extremely successful, some of them bizarre. This book portrays Miller's racing cars of the glorious roaring twenties along with his speedboat and aircraft engines - even his design for a high-speed combat vehicle engine. Seen are his advanced Miller-Fords of 1935 and the radical Gulf-Miller cars of 1938-1941. An exciting collection of photos of the work of one of America's mechanical geniuses, along with commentary on Miller's work by highly regarded auto racing historian Gordon Eliot White.
- Author(s)Gordon Eliot White
- Date of Publication01/09/2004
- SubjectInventions & Technology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationHudson, WI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteb&w illustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width248 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine6 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.