All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
About this product
- DescriptionThese essays critically rethink Marxism in the light of the disintegration of communist regimes Eastern Europe and the Soviet Union. Containing essays from a group of internationally distinguished writers and intellectuals, this collection addresses Marxism as a cultural-political problematic. Contending that Marxism is deeply embedded in specific cultural practices, the contributors illuminate Marxism's contribution to discussions of labour in post-industrial capitalism, to controversies surrounding compulsory heterosexuality and queer theory, and to debates about the institutionalization and academicization of the New Left. In examining Marxism's relationship to cultural practices, the contributors make a case for Marxism's continued relevance. By combining a diversity of perspectives, these essays demonstrate that Marxism addresses urgent needs that are often forsaken by other political and ideological practices. They show how - w more than ever - Marxism's reaffirmation can serve as a sophisticated and cunning response to the latest global developments - and travesties.
- Author BiographySaree Makdisi is Assistant Professor in the Department of English at the University of Chicago. Cesare Casarino is Assistant Professor in the Department of English as the State University of New York at Albany. Rebecca E. Karl is a doctoral candidate in History at Duke University.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/08/1996
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight700 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byCesare Casarino,Rebecca Karl,Saree Makdisi,etc.
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.