Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionBy distinguishing between classical Marxist and neo-Marxist approaches to imperialism, this volume challenges generally accepted views on the relationship between these two branches of Marxist thought, reaffirming the principles and tools of fundamental Marxism as essential for understanding and explaining the internationalization of capitalist ecomic life. Together, original source materials and Polychroniou's highly readable analysis present a commentary both outlining and clarifying essential ideas contained in Marxist writings from the late 19th century to the present. Marxist Perspectives on Imperialism also identifies current political and ecomic issues to which authentic Marxist concepts can be applied. A review of Marx's views on capitalist production relations and expansion opens the discussion and defines criteria for evaluating analyses which follow. Studies by classical Marxists such as Hilferding, Bukharin, and Lenin are then contrasted to the neo-Marxist writings of Baran, Frank, and Wallerstein, among others. Polychroniou's defense of orthodox Marxism strengthens as he turns his attention to the practical uses of Marxist ideology to topics of international concern. His conclusions clarify a complex topic and provide political ecomists, sociologists, and political scientists with a clear explanation of the theoretical and methodological contours of Marxist thought on capitalist imperialism.
- Author BiographyCHRONIS POLYCHRONIOU is currently an Assistant Professor of Political Science at Lincoln University, Pennsylvania. Currently Polychroniou is working on his next book, which deals with the international political history of Marxism and the future of socialism.
- Author(s)Chronis Polychroniou
- Date of Publication30/04/1991
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight381 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.