All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMary Cassatt's paintings and prints have long been treasured as some of the finest examples of Impressionist art. A rebel by the Victorian standards of her time, Mary Cassatt moved from the art schools of staid Philadelphia to the boulevards of Paris, where the young Impressionist movement was flourishing. Degas, her friend and mentor, encouraged her involvement in the new art movement. Cassatt's lumius, observant, and invative works-chiefly interiors with women and children-helped define Impressionism and have been compared to Raphael's paintings for their beauty and dignity. Frank Getlein, ted art critic and historian, has selected 72 of Cassatt's finest works, each reproduced here in full color. His accompanying text relates the intimate details of her life to her paintings while clearly defining her relation to fellow artists and her place in modern art. The publication of this book marks the first time that so many of Cassatt's paintings and prints, some rarely seen by American audiences, have been made available at a popular price.
- Author BiographyFrank Getlein is a noted art critic and historian.
- Author(s)Frank Getlein
- PublisherAbbeville Press Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication27/11/1996
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAbbeville Press Inc.,U.S.
- Content Note73col.ill.
- Weight708 g
- Width203 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.