All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title looks at the life and works of Mary Cassatt, including an examination of paintings such as The Child's Bath, Young Woman Sewing in a Garden, The Letter, The Omnibus, At the Opera, Family Group Reading and The Boat Party. It looks at the techniques and colour palette that Cassatt used in these works, encouraging readers to look more closely at the interesting elements of each painting. It also includes a timeline of her life, information on museums and galleries where her work is currently displayed and a chance for readers to use what they have learned to make their own painting in the style of Mary Cassatt.
- Author BiographyIain Zaczek was born in Dundee, Scotland, and was educated at Wadham College, Oxford, and the Courtauld Institute of Art. He specializes in books about art and design, and his many books include: The Impressionists, Essential Art Deco, Celtic Art and Design, and The Art of Illuminated Manuscripts. He was also a contributing author to Art: The Definitive Visual Guide.
- Author(s)Hachette Children's Books,Iain Zaczek
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication11/09/2014
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleIn the Picture with
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWayland (Publishers) Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight396 g
- Width223 mm
- Height286 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 2
- Interest AgeFrom 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.