Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionAs new beginnings force Maggie Blume to explore who she is and what she can be, Mary Magdalene's spirit shows up, asking Maggie to write down Mary's words. Maggie's life then echoes Mary Magdalene's, sharing challenges of self-discovery, loss, faith, paradox, relationship, and spiritual connection. These two inspirational stories-one truth, one fiction; one ancient, one w-converge and intertwine, demonstrating the demands life has always placed on independent women, and how they rise to face it. Mary Magdalene is speaking directly to you in this book; Mary's words are hers, transcribed by author Aliyah Schick, as Mary reaches out to touch your heart. Maggie Blume's story is 21st century fiction, wrapping around and through Mary's words as Maggie engages with the same obstacles Mary faced long ago. Both Maggie Blume and Mary Magdalene walk a woman's path-facing what comes, wanting to be and do the best they can, and stretching to become their true, whole selves.
- Author BiographyGetting things clear has been the guiding force of Aliyah Schick's life: in coaching and healing clients, art and writing, relationships, and in business. Writing has been her favorite way to seek clarity for as long as she can remember: journaling prolifically, writing essay-letters, poems, articles, and books. In her career as a transformational healer and coach, Aliyah has worked quite a bit with spiritual guidance, so when Mary Magdalene asked her to write down Mary's story, Aliyah was able to do it. Entering into a receptive, altered state, much like used for doing energy work, she allowed Mary's words to come through clear and strong. They rarely needed any revision, unlike Aliyah's own writing, which routinely undergoes countless rounds of tweaking. Later, an experiment with writing fiction led to adding a new layer with Maggie Blume's story. Besides writing and helping clients transform their lives, Aliyah's company, Sacred Imprints, publishes a series of four Meditative Coloring Books. She also explores enlightened entrepreneurship, studies Abraham-Hicks materials, gardens, marvels at paradox, and practices being present in the moment. Note: Aliyah is pronounced: ah-LEE-yah. It comes from Hebrew and means to raise up to the sacred.
- Author(s)Aliyah Schick
- PublisherSacred Imprints
- Date of Publication20/05/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSacred Imprints
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight481 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.