All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom this documentary portrait, a talented and multifaceted contributor to the black experience in the 20th century United States emerges. Much is owed to Bethune, and readers gain an appreciation of that debt. -Choice This volume explores the multi-faceted career of Mary McLeod Bethune (1875-1955) in her roles as stateswoman, politician, educational leader, and social visionary. It offers a unique combination of original documentary sources and analysis of Bethune's life and work. The more than 70 documents, spanning 53 years of Bethune's public life, include letters, memoranda, position papers, newspaper columns, interviews, and speeches. Essays by the editors relate these documents to the phases of Bethune's career.
- Author BiographyAUDREY THOMAS McCLUSKEY is Associate Professor of Afro-American Studies at Indiana University and has had a long association with the National Women's Studies Association. She has published widely on Bethune and other women activists and educators. ELAINE M. SMITH is on the history faculty at Alabama State University. An authority on Bethune, she provided the introductions to the Guides to the Mary McLeod Bethune Papers.
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication25/10/2001
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note18 b&w photos, 1 bibliog., 1 index
- Weight577 g
- Width3971 mm
- Height5983 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byAudrey Thomas McCluskey,Elaine M. Smith
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.