All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMary, Queen of Scots and All That is packed with historical facts about Scotland's headless heroine. Follow hot-blooded Mary's lifelong rivalry with her frosty cousin, Queen Elizabeth I of England - and discover why the Queen of Scots gets her head chopped off. Start at the beginning by finding out how well Mary gets on with her pushy Mum, her ladies-in-waiting and her first boyfriend. Work out why she is hated by Nasty Kx the preacher and his Edinburgh mob. Meet Mary's horrible husbands and understand what makes her marry them. Solve the mysterious murders of her nearest and dearest. Learn the truth about Mary's madness. Uncover the secret plots that earn the Queen of Scots a deadly date with her cousin's executioner - and decide for yourself whether Mary is guilty or incent.
- Author BiographyAllan Burnett is a freelance writer and editor based in Sweden. He has worked as deputy editor for the Scottish Standard and as deputy foreign editor for the Sunday Herald. He is the author on a number of bestselling children's history books, including World War I Tales of Adventure, World War II Tales of Adventure, The Story of Scotland and Invented in Scotland (all Birlinn).
- Author(s)Alan Burnett
- PublisherBirlinn General
- Date of Publication18/08/2016
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleThe and All That Series
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBirlinn Ltd
- Content Noteb/w throughout
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Illustrator(s)Scoular Anderson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.