All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA long time ago in the Holy Land lived a scruffy little donkey who hated hard work. And then he met gentle, kind Mary, and his world changed forever. When Mary and Joseph have to travel the long journey to Bethlehem, who can they rely on to get them there safely? This is a unique version of the traditional nativity story, told from the child-friendly perspective of the little donkey, who grows in confidence and pride as Mary and Joseph place their trust in him. The story ends with the wonder of the birth of Jesus, and the little donkey's promise to keep looking after his new family. Adapted for younger children from Gunhild Sehlin's classic chapter book, this Christmas story is sumptuously illustrated by Helene Muller, with marvellous details of the Holy Land.
- Author BiographyGunhild Sehlin (1911-97) was a teacher in the south of Sweden, and then worked with children in Jerusalem and Amman. Mary's Little Donkey has been widely translated into many languages. Helene Muller was born in Paris in 1957. The daughter of acclaimed illustrator Gerda Muller, Helene studied at the Ecole Nationale Superieure des Arts Decoratifs in Paris and has illustrated numerous books for children.
- Author(s)Gunhild Sehlin
- PublisherFloris Books
- Date of Publication15/09/2016
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFloris Books
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight451 g
- Width284 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Helene Muller
- Interest AgeFrom 4
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $15.43Trending at AU $16.58
- AU $62.47Trending at AU $74.67
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $32.57
- AU $40.76Trending at AU $46.25
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.75
- AU $20.43Trending at AU $28.50
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $44.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.