All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhile reflecting upon the Arab Spring, the essays in this collection cover several themes that include utilizing the concept of hegemonic masculinity in productive ways, the role of the state in promoting certain types of masculinities while devaluing and disciplining others, the potential role of feminism and activism in influencing masculinities, and the effects of colonialism, nationalism and postcolonialism, as well as war and violence. Presenting cases from Egypt, Leban, and Tunisia, they seek to humanize, contextualize, and historicize masculinities to particular times and places in the Middle East.
- Author BiographyHelen Rizzo is associate professor of sociology at the American University in Cairo.
- PublisherThe American University in Cairo Press
- Date of Publication30/08/2014
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationCairo
- Country of PublicationEgypt
- ImprintThe American University in Cairo Press
- Weight249 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byAssociate Professor of Sociology Helen Rizzo
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.