All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRecent years have seen a rise in the popularity and quantity of 'quality' television programs, many of which featuring complicated versions of masculinity that are informed t only by the women's movement of the sixties and seventies, but also by several decades of backlash and debate about the effects of women's equality on men, masculinity, and the relationship between men and women. Drawing upon studies of contemporary television programs, including popular series viewed internationally such as Mad Men, The League, Hung, Breaking Bad, Louie, and Girls, this book explores the ways in which popular cultural texts address widely circulating discourses of the ostensible 'crisis of masculinity' in contemporary culture. A rich study of masculinity and its representation in contemporary television, Masculinity in Contemporary Quality Television will appeal to scholars and students of cultural and media studies, popular culture, television studies and cultural sociology with interests in gender, masculinities, and sexuality.
- Author BiographyMichael Mario Albrecht is Assistant Professor of Media Communication at Eckerd College, USA.
- Author(s)Dr. Michael Mario Albrecht
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication31/03/2015
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Series TitleThe Cultural Politics of Media and Popular Culture
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Weight408 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Series Edited byProfessor C. Richard King
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.